Friday, March 23, 2018

Poppy Cards

Card Base: Recollections
Patterned Paper: Blue Fern Studios
Poppy Stamp: Hero Arts
Rhinestones: Recollections
Ink: Ranger Distress - Tim Holtz
Watercolour paint: Close to My Heart
Splat Stamp (cards 2 and 3): Close to My Heart
Ribbon (card 1): ???
Trim (card 2): Websters Pages
Trim (card 3): white ???, green - Celebrate It

I stamped the image on watercolour paper. Then I used a paint brush and water to create a wash on the background (not including the sentiment and the flower).  Once that was dry, I added water to the flower with a paint brush and the dropped diluted paint onto that area and swirled it around.  Once I liked the coverage, I dried it with a heat gun. Then restamped the centre of the flower.  Cut out the panel, inked the edges and added it to the card.


I learned how to do this at a card class a couple of weeks ago given by Heather Telford.




No comments:

Post a Comment